ATO’s new ‘Online services for business’ portal launches
The Australian Taxation Office has launched its ‘Online services for business’ (OSB) portal following consultation with small business owners, approved self-managed super fund auditors, and other industry professionals.
The new OSB portal replaces the previous Business Portal and electronic superannuation audit tool (eSAT).
The ATO said OSB will provide a secure, modern channel to manage tax and super obligations, and can be accessed on multiple devices, including a smart device like a phone or tablet at a time that is convenient.
Key features include:
- digital lodgment of Audit Complete Advices (ACA) and Auditor Contravention Reports (ACR);
- lodgment of multiple ACAs in one report;
- instant ACR lodgment confirmation;
- print-friendly versions of ACR lodgments;
- single login for multiple businesses;
- communicating with us through secure mail;
- page-specific help and support; and
- access to the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House.
The ATO said the new system is in public beta testing, and encouraged users to provide feedback on the portal by completing the ‘Give us your feedback’ form located at the bottom of every page.
To log in to Online services for business, users need to use myGovID, with new users needing to set up their myGovID and link it to their business using Relationship Authorisation Manager.
“Online services for business is live, so any changes or lodgments you make will update your records with us,” the ATO said.
“We understand many are still impacted by the events of 2020 and we will continue to support you through this time of change. While you transition to Online services for business the Business Portal and eSAT are available until they are decommissioned later this year.”